The 100 Greatest Rocksteady Tunes (60-51)
Another set of the top Rocksteady tunes from the great people over at DanceCrasher.
I was beginning to think they forgot about the whole thing. This set includes some of the most classic Rocksteady tunes ever produced. Choices from Bunny Lee and Derrick Morgan productions, a Soul Bros. hit, huge Phyllis Dillon and Paragons tunes, and way more.
Each entry (as always) includes wonderful information about the specific choice on the list and where it’s currently available along with a small sound sample.
Let em know to keep the list coming – we’re only half way done!
Now here’s the next set of tunes!
60. Soul Serenade – The Soul Bros (Coxsone Dodd production)
59. Revelation – Alva Lewis (Bunny Lee production)
58. Red Bum Ball – Lloyd and Devon (Derrick Morgan production)
57. Perfidia – Phyllis Dillon (Duke Reid production)
56. The Loser – Derrick Harriott (Derrick Harriott production)
55. Tide Is High – The Paragons (Duke Reid Production)
54. Lesson Of Love (AKA Canâ€™t Do Without It AKA Story Of Love) – Uniques (Bunny Lee production)
53. Iâ€™m A Loving Pauper – Dobby Dobson (Duke Reid Production)
52. That Girl – Lloyd And Glen (Derrick Harriot Production)
51. River Jordan – the Basses (Coxsone Dodd Production)
Continue to the DanceCrasher site to see label scans and read notes on each release along with a sound sample exhaustively put together by DanceCrasher.