The 100 Greatest Rocksteady Tunes (100-91)
Dancecrasher.co.uk has been one of my favorite sites for a long time. It’s very informative and a great read. They have an amazing collection of vintage label scans to check out if you like to check out that sort of thing (an we do!).
We’ll they’ve gone and done the impossible. They’ve decided to rank the 100 greatest Rocksteady Tunes EVER! Check it out here and watch as they count down to the Top 10. I can’t wait to see what they pick for the number 1 Rocksteady tune ever!
The first set to lead off the top 100 (list included below) includes wonderful sounds from The Clarendonians, a Patsy tune from the first woman of Reggae Sonia Pottinger, Alton Ellis, Lyn Taitt, the Uniques and more rare and juicy cuts from the Rocksteady era.
100. I Am Sorry – The Clarendonians (Caltone production)
99. I Was Born A Loser – The Sensations (Bunny Lee production)
98. Itâ€™s Raining – The Three Tops (Duke Reid production)
97. Love Is Divine – Patsy (Sonia Pottinger production)
96. Iâ€™ve Got A Date – Alton Ellis And The Flames (Duke Reid production)
95. I Spy – Lyn Taitt And The Jets (Joe Gibbs production)
94. I Mean It – West Indians (Carl â€œJJâ€ Johnson production)
93. Baby Iâ€™ve Got News – Soul Tops (Prince Buster production)
92. Girls Like Dirt – Uniques (Bunny Lee production)
91. What Can I Do – Tartans (Keith Scott And Sam Mitchell production)
Continue to the DanceCrasher site to see label scans and read notes on each release along with a sound sample exhaustively put together by DanceCrasher.