Design Official Theatrical Poster for 40th Anniversary Re-release of The Harder They Come
Following up on the announcement yesterday about the screenings planned for September 5th of the classic The Harder They Come the promoters of that have launched a poster design contest.
The website CreativeAllies.com hosts design contests such as the one for Fishbone’s Crazy Glue EP (where you can still see all the entries that didn’t win which is fun) and makes it very easy to participate.
For this contest they’re “looking for an original, bold, and creative illustration-based design to represent the film. You may either take a fresh spin on the film’s original posters below or go with a totally new approach to represent the look and feel of the movie.” You know how many designs I’ve seen over the years for this movie including fan made re-designs, video/ dvd covers, albums etc? It will be interesting to see what people come up with and what actually wins in the end.
There are a couple of things you must include in the design:
- Required text: “The Harder They Come” & “40th Anniversary”.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- You must include the credit block located in the support files.
… and Of course there a couple things you should NOT do:
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- Absolutely NO PHOTOS.
- DO NOT use the original artwork in your design. Create your own original design.
The deadline to enter is July 26, 2013 11:59 P.M. PDT and the winning designer will receive $500 plus a copy of the poster signed by Jimmy Cliff himself.
You can download a bunch of stuff the contest creators think you might need, upload your designs and see what everyone else is doing at the contest website.
I know more than a few designers and I’d like to think one of my friends could nail this. So get to it!